How do I raise a complaint with Yabonza?

Yabonza has a formal complaints process which is detailed below.

How to make a complaint

Yabonza aims to make it easy for you to bring any problems or complaints to our attention.

You should first raise your issue with the agent, representative or asset manager who is handling your property.


If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can make a complaint directly to Yabonza management, by completing the following Complaints Form

Please complete all questions in the form. 

How we will handle your complaint

Our complaints officer will oversee the complaints process. This person is responsible for working with you and relevant agency staff, to ensure that the issues you raise are fully examined and that your complaint is handled in accordance with this process.


We will treat the process, and all the details of your complaint, in strict confidence. If we need to discuss any issues arising from your complaint with someone outside of Yabonza, we will obtain your consent first.


We will always try to give you a fair opportunity to explain your case. You should make your initial complaint as clear as possible. Sometimes we may want to meet you in person to discuss your concerns and try to find a satisfactory solution.

How long will it take to be updated on my complaint?

We will try to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, how long this takes will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised.

We will send you acknowledgment of receipt of the complaint within two business days. We will give you an estimate of how long it may take us to deal with the matter and we will try to finalise the matter within five business days.

What action will we take in response to your complaint?

If we decide that your complaint is justified, we will then decide what action we should take in response. We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible.


Some of the things we might include:

  • take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised
  • give you additional information or advice so you can understand what happened or how we have dealt with it
  • take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things.

Additional services available

Sometimes it will not be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction, and you might want to escalate the matter. If you would like to escalate the matter, this can be done by contacting the regulatory body in your state.

Details are below:


Office of Fair Trading by telephoning 13 32 20


Office of Fair Trading by telephoning 13 74 68

Western Australia
Commissioner for Consumer Protection by telephoning 1300 304 054


Consumer, Building and Occupational Services by telephoning 1300 654 499

Consumer Affairs by telephoning 1300 73 70 30

Australian Capital Territory
Access Canberra by telephoning 13 22 81

South Australia
Consumer and Business Services by telephoning 131 882

Northern Territory
Consumer Affairs by telephoning 1800 019 319